Free Zones and Industrial Zones
In 2006, the Law on Free Zones was adopted in Serbia. This law stipulates the option of operating Industrial Zones concurrently as Free Zones.
At present there are 7 Free Zones in Serbia, which fulfill the conditions set by this Law:
· Novi Sad
Benefits of Investing in Serbian Free Zones:
- Imports and exports of goods and services into and out of a zone are unlimited;
- Importers who are users of a free zone aren't liable for VAT on imported goods;
- Raw materials used for finished goods that are meant for export can be imported duty-free;
- Fixed assets, machines, and construction materials can be imported duty-free;
- Zone users can freely make use of foreign currency earned through operations within the zones;
- Goods can be temporarily transferred from the zones to the domestic market and vice versa in order to add value through activities such as processing, installation, repairs, quality control, and marketing activities, among others. This creates many opportunities for cooperation with domestic industries;
- Goods that are imported from the zones into the domestic market are subject to standard customs procedures, however, if the goods are produced out of at least 50% domestic components, they are considered to be domestic goods;
- Zone users can lease, buy, or build manufacturing facilities, warehouses, or commerial buildings;
- The rights of the user of the Free Zone guaranteed by the Law on Free Zones cannot be diminished by any other law or regulation.
Industrial Zones in Serbia
Please direct your questions or concrete business plans to our Consulting company ROSIVA Šumperk s.r.o. .